Re: [Harp-L] tab question

Doug - sorry to jump on your thread. I should have looked more closely

I use a simple tab for Harmonica Academy, as follows

1 draw, 2 draw are written 1D, 2D etc
1 blow, 2 blow are written 1B, 2B etc

A half tone bend is a single apostrophe, a whole tone bend a double apostrophe, e.g. 3D', 3D"

The one and a half tone bend on the 3 draw is 3D'"

Chords, double stops or any notes played together are enclosed with brackets, e.g. (1D 4D), (1D 2D 3D)

There is no notation for overblows.

I developed this system for my online lessons, it has the advantage of being written with a keyboard. However I'm sure that similar and perhaps better notations preceded mine. It's called the Blow Draw or BD notation.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays