[Harp-L] Re: IBC - 15 year old harp player - AWESOME

From: Bill Hines <billhines4@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  [Harp-L] IBC - 15 year old harp player - AWESOME
To: "'Harp- L'"  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

"Oh Yeah, Nic was smoking hot on harp  "

I also caught young Brandon Oneal Bailey's set at Silky O'Sullivans and
it was great, he was looping quite a bit of his stuff. Future is bright
with these young guns!

Both Nic and Brandon are very likeable & down to earth young  men.  Brandon
is around 20 years old now, a truly innovative  player who is also studying
to be a doctor, I believe he will  succeed in that endeavor.

Nic "Cottonseed" Clark has a great sense of humor, + his playing  is
incredibly soulful. Not just 'soulful' for a kid (he's 15) but  soulful in a
deeply mature adult sort of way, one that eclipses many  of the seasoned adult
pro players out there.

I was at Brandon's aunts house in Memphis last year for a BBQ.  Nic was
there too, along with Jay Gaunt and another young player whose  name I can't
recall.  I'd been playin' for much longer than all of  them combined, yet it
was clearly (painfully) evident that I  was the weak link that day.  It is
for good reason that Nic, Jay,  & Brandon all are young endorsees of major
harmonica  manufacturers.

I'm gonna' take a bow for hanging the  "Cottonseed" moniker on Nic, it
seemed... perfect.
Hey kid... you owe me  (inside joke).      Congrats for getting to the
semis at the IBC!

Speaking of the IBC, the Lionel Young Band from Colorado won the  finals.
Lionel also won the Solo/Duo division a few years back, he's the  only
person to EVER win both.  There was also a Colorado entrant who  made it to this
years solo/duo finals...  Big Adam & John  Stillwagen, was the first time
any state has had finalists in both  categories.  We're pretty stoked!

Lionel hosts a twice monthly blues jam at the Boulder Outlook Hotel in
Boulder CO.  Harmonica players are always welcome...  + you may find young
Cottonseed Clark in the house.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones