[Harp-L] XB40, Irish Harp, Joel Andersson

Wicked good harp playin, Joel! I just walked in from a session with some
fine fiddling, and your video was in keeping with the mood of the evening.
Those triplets on the B section of "Musical Priest" are great. I'm not quite
sure how your getting those. And the chord comping is excellent,
particularly loved it on "Kid on the Mountain".
In "Musical Priest", Are you getting that low B tonic note (1st down beat of
the first phrase) by drawing down on the 3 hole of the D XB40 ? It is a D
XB40, right? For me the XB40 has been the best ten holed diatonic for fiddle
tunes because of its volume and the ease with which I can blow bend and draw
bend notes.

Most of what  I have on youtube is with XB40s, partly by chance, since I use
Suzuki SCX48s a lot or tremolos for trad tunes. But I do wonder why more
people don't seem to use them. Here are a couple of fiddle tunes on the
XB40. More soon. Thanks for the great vid.

John Coster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fop9PZsQ4ws