[Harp-L] Note Bending Science

As a retired mechanical engineer, I am predisposed to take an interest in
"airflow around the vibrating harmonica reed" and "the effect of the
resonant frequency of the oral chamber on frequency of the played reed"
However both of these topics are best suited to PhD theses and are not going
to do me a darned bit of good in learning to bend. At my age I am in a bit
of a hurry!
Another related topic which cropped up on the forum before, is the advantage
- or otherwise of chamfering reeds i.e. taking the sharp edges off them.
Some of the 'experts' are convinced that this affects volume and tone. It
seems plausible to me that this process would  increase airflow around the
reed like the Hot Rodder's beloved "Three Angle Valve Job"
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana