[Harp-L] Rebuilding CR or CM Shure Elements - Chuck Gurney

I cannot say enough good things about the services of Chuck Gurney.
He is the ONLY guy who can rebuild weak or presummed dead CR or CM
shure elements. He recently brought back to life SEVEN black back CR's that
I thought were useless. So if you think your element is weak...or could be stronger...
Chuck is the man to contact. He also builds top notch mics from the ground up, and
has the most impressive stable of endorsee's I've ever seen.

Who else offers these services: NO ONE!

*Hand over wound custom phenolic coil windings*
*CR repair and tuning (dead or weak)*
*Controlled magnetic repair*
*Chemical strip and corrosion removal*
*Center disk repair and replacement*
*Diaphragm swaps*
*CR evaluation*
*CR preventative maintenance*
*Low-z to High-z boosting*
*Feedback control*
*CR/CM parts*

"Fat Bottom Coils are hand punched out of 4 piece phenolic sheets and assembled
to match the original factory coil form specs. The forms are then hand wound with
vintage magnet wire to hover around 1300-1350 ohms DC resistance. I generally use
the coils only on Black Label CR elements and only if the original coil is damaged beyond repair."

http://www.fatbottom-mics.com/

He's also a great guy and offers quality excellance in service.

~Donnie~

http://www.myspace.com/donniemortone

http://www.youtube.com/user/BluesGeek

The William Clarke Tribute Site: