[Harp-L] Reply:Stomp Box

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:25:38 -0500
From: Gary Calahan <glcalahan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Stomp box recommendations

Hello,

I have been curious about an acoustic stomp board/device that is NOT
amplified.  I plan on doing a solo acoustic busking with a Resophonic guitar
and harp.  I don't want to add electronics.....trying to keep it simple and
obviously for smal small venues.  I wondered if anyone has seen anything
(besides a bass drum pedal) a foot platform, wooden box, types of wood that
are acoustically louder then another design???

Gary C

Check out the YouTube of "Hollowbelly" (search if link fails) This young man foot drums on a suitcase, plays a cigarbox guitar, a foot operated tamborine, And a rack harmonica as he sings into what appears to be a Shure Green Bullet mic! Use the suitcase to carry everything to your busking territory, unpack and go to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKhYmZcBA4c

Dave