RE: [Harp-L] 3rd to 7th in the blues

Just to expand and (hopefully) add some clarity to what you have stated:

In Cross Harp or 2nd position

3D bent or flatted by one half step will give you the all important b3rd. I hear so many players that fail to nail this and they wind up playing a perfect 3rd which sounds too "country" for blues in many songs

5D is a b7th / pentatonic blues scale. Not a natural 7th like Hohner's "Country Tuned" or Lee Oskar's Melody Maker harps.

Bending the 5D will give you a 1/4 tone (interval) below the b7th which is not generally used in western type scales which use only 1/2 or whole step intervals. However, doing this will add a wonderfully expressive "blue note" to what you are doing and is very useful.
Buck