Re: [Harp-L] What Mic to get

I don't know much about crystal mics but from the posts about them they seem to be some kind of hygroscopic salt.   Would subjecting a degraded crystal to a vacuum restore its "zorch?"

I made a little vacuum chamber for degassing polyurethane molding plastic that will pull about 28.7 "Hg vacuum. (An air-conditioning maintenance pump, a vac gauge, and a piece of ABS drainpipe.)  If someone will send me a pair of "wet" crystal mics, I will try to suck the moisture out of one and see if there is an improvement.

I assume the ability to revive them would be useful.

Has this been tried before?

Vern