RE: [Harp-L] What Mic to get

Hey Splash-

I agree with the hot temp and humidity thing. However, I have been livin' in the Mississippi delta area and usin' JT30/MC151s for 30+ years, even dropped a couple, with almost no problems. In fact I have one that has indeed lost some output but it has an anti-feedback quality to it. I use that one sometimes with a Bassman which allows me to crank the volume up before feedback. I try to practice good common sense care practices. I think it is safe to say that some crystal elements are made better than others. After all, they are ham radio and dispatch mics and the manufacturing quality control was poor.

There are discussions on this very subject (crystal mics) in other forums and I have seen posts with similar statements and ones where players seal them up in airtight containers, even just a sandwich bag. Also, even if you live and gig in the high desert when one is playing the mic, there is heat and humidity to a certain extent. These are just comments that I have seen and intended for information for the OP.
Buck