[Harp-L] my hacked account was recovered

LS
sorry for the mass mailing
just had to say the crazy mail yesterday about me being in trouble and
asking for money was sent by a hacker, not me!

this person took over my gmail account and stole all the addresses to abuse
for fraude
he also left a forwarding address in my settings so he'd receive all replies

luckily I found out within half an hour and took action to recuperate my
account
today I found the trick to recuperate the stolen addresses as well, so I
felt obliged to notify people

apologies if this is annoying for you (eg fora or some people in my address
book that I barely know) but I thought it'd be the only viable way of doing
this
also consider it a warning; it proves once again that a mail account is not
completely safe even with a strong password

I'm guessing most of you were smart enough to see the scam immediately and
didn't reply the conman
people who know me would know well enough anyway that I wouldn't go to the
US embassy (as he claimed) since I'm not American :-)

so, to all my friends:
I'm not in any trouble and if ever I need your money I'll ask for it on your
doorstep (or at the bar ;-))
to all who get this mail and think they shouldn't have received it, I
apologize and hope you understand somewhat my situation

Ludo aka Lazy Lew

PS should this ever happen to you, once you recuperate your account, be sure
to check your settings for "forwarded mail"