[Harp-L] Mark Stafford - Press Release - January 2011 - Toronto Blues Society Summit Conference - Jan 15 - 17 (Maple Blues Awards)

This January is one of the most exciting starts to the new year that I can remember. It seems like music is off to a wonderful start and I hope that I see you soon and that we spend some time together.

Darran Poole and I will be back at http://www.loudawgs.com 589 King St. West (at Portland) 647-347-3294 for a regular Sunday afternoon *New Brunch Menu - Noon til 3pm. Our blues duo with drums, harp and guitar. We were playing on Thurs. eves. for almost a year, now its Sundays. Looking forward to a steady run and we'll be writing and performing songs for an full release targeted for the spring. The ambience is casual and the restaurant features southern sandwiches and is fully licensed. No cover.

The Toronto Blues Society http://www.torontobluessociety.com is hosting their 5th Blues Summit at the Delta Chelsea - Jan. 15 - 17th. This incredible weekend gets us all together for workshops, showcases, speeches and general networking all culminating on Monday night for the national Maple Blues Awards at Koerner Hall. This event is very cool and open to all. Industry people from all parts of Canada and abroad attend, and the TBS works hard to make it happen. I have been asked to guest with Aaron Griggs on the Saturday night at 9pm (Monarch Room) and will contribute to a Blues In The Schools Panel on Monday morning. And apart from my gigs, I'll be hanging out there most of the weekend... hope to see you! Visit the site for "Where It's At"

Saturday Jan. 22 my band and I will be at the Silver Dollar Room on Spadina at College - a must see/be there event! http://www.silverdollarroom.com - early show 8 - 10:30 pm. My band is a four pc. that night with Darran Poole (guitar) Dennis Pinhorn - Upright Bass - Tyler Burgess - drums. $10 cover to the band.

Jan. 24th I will be starting a 8 week adult harmonica course through the TDSB - Continuing Education. This is fun on a monday night, check it out... it might be for YOU? Hurry classes fill up.

January 29th were back at one of our favorite places Highway 61 BBQ on Bayview Ave. for an 8 - 11pm show. http://www.highway61bbq.ca Great food and dedicated to the blues.
1620 Bayview Ave. 416-489-7427. No Cover

March 5th - The Silver Dollar Room - Harmonica Knights with special guest (Michael Pickett)

Mark Stafford
birdstafford@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.markbirdstafford.com
(416) 533-3454