[Harp-L] Re: Hohner Unsere Lieblinge Harmonicas

Tony is right..as interesting as the world class harmonica players were at the Competitions in Trossingen, it was the Asian tremolo players that blew me away.

The real action for tremolo harmonica is in Asia

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jan 7, 2011 3:46 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Hohner Unsere Lieblinge Harmonicas

I have to agree with Bertram here.

It is possible to bend single reeds on the tremolo, both draw and blow.
However bending the double reed (the normal playing mode) is not
feasible. At least, not for me.

Speaking of tremolos, I'm about to occupy the Internet space for tremolo
harmonicas. Not hard to do, currently there is almost nothing. I own
www.tremoloharmonica.com, a site will be up in the next couple of weeks.
I have a set of tremolo lessons up on my Harmonica Academy teaching
site, you can see them at
http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/categories/20101027

As far as I know, they are the only online tremolo lessons available.

The real action for tremolo harmonica is in Asia. I've just launched a
tremolo harmonica site there, it's at http://www.fuyinkouqin.com/

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com