[Harp-L] Harp/sax....conversion

Last night I went to see EC Scott...a great Blues singer...at the Biscuit and Blues in San Francisco..good spot.

I was surprised to to see Michael Peloquin there holding down the horn section.  ( thought he moved)
While the band did not feature many solos for him on the sax,
He really sounded great with his section work.
My guess is, he wrote the charts that he and the trumpet were playing.

This guy is worth seeing if you can catch him at a sax gig...His solos were a highlight at the show.
I noticed some licks coming directly off a solo he did on the diatonic at the the Slide Harmonica Summit.
I love to hear the conversion from sax to the harp...Michael is one of the few who can do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ggCxCgkks

I attended that show and Slim posted this on you tube...
If you are not familiar with the show...you can still get a DVD...as it was put on inside a Recording ? mulitimedia studio/stage....digital media factory

They were able to capture every note in a professional recording setting...very cool Slim.

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/

Would love to see micheal play the horn section with a harp instead of the sax...I'm sure he could do it.

Is the West Coast jazz Harmonica Summit going to happen again this year?

That was amazing ...and Santa Cruz is a great place to hang out.

Grant Walters