Re: [Harp-L] First chromatic harmonica

I'd go for a tenor "C" tuned  Hohner CX-12

It's good to start on "Chrom" using a "C" instrument. I started with a  270
in "G" and I STILL find it hard to "get my head around" other tunings.

The "Regular" "C" solo tuning covers the same range as a regular flute...
That's fine, but if you are into jazz you might like to have that lower
octave,  available  from a "tenor" tuned harmonica... If you were looking for a
saxophone, it would be like a choice between a soprano or an alto sax,
probably.

Don't get a ten hole... You NEED those extra notes!
The Koch and Slide Harp are really two diatonic harps in one... a C and a
C#...

John Whiteboy Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

In a message dated 1/10/2011 10:31:47 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard ,