To: <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:54
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] lowering the pitch of a reed with solder

I used to use solder;thanks to Brendan Power, I now use Blu-Tack. Can't remember what it's marketed as in the US, but it's a darn sight easier than messing with solder, and it actually stays put which amazed me. I have a low F SP 20 that I lowered to E about two years ago, and it's still OK. You can easily remove it too. or make mnor adjustments with ease.
RD

The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx> 15/01/11 3:55 AM >>>
first gently brush solder gel on the reed tip (this helps the solder adhere). then, let a small drop of solder drip onto the tip.