Re: [Harp-L] lowering the pitch of a reed with solder

hazcon wrote:
<I can confirm that,I lowered a C to Bb two years ago and the blue tack is
<still on..amazing really.It is a great way to try a new tuning because it
<just scrapes off.A bit fiddly to put it on but much easier in my experience
<than mucking round with solder.

I agree that Blu-Tack works great, is a lot easier to work with than solder, and very durable. And as per the comment above, if you don't like the results, it's easy to scrape the Blu-Tack off and return the harp to its original condition.

I only wish there was something that made it as easy to raise the pitch of a reed.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick