Re: [Harp-L] lowering the pitch of a reed with solder

Solder gel is a gel form of flux. Flux can be powder, paste, liquid, or gel. Powder and liquid are non good (for obvious reasons), and paste is hard to apply in small enough quantities as it is gooey and sticks to your toothpick and won't come off as well as gel. The gel will adhere like corn husker's lotion but stick to the reed when touched to it.

smo-joe