Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Blowout

Daniel:
Just a note on Rusty Zinn;  ( Blowout guitarist)

I have had the great pleasure of sitting in with Rusty on a number of occasions.
Since I arrived at that place due to my position as the promoter/friend at those events,
it came as a refreshing surprise that he  treated me like I was one of the elite players and had no trace of ego inflation.
We had a blast.  One of the tunes we did was a Reggae tune.
Turns out, the man is well known in the Reggae community also.

On this occasion, Following our set, we sat and talked and I was taken by his gentle, spiritual personality.
He related some very personal thoughts to me about his approach to music.
Rather than speak for him, I will provide a link for you  to check him out further and leave a brief note from an article written about him.
My point being...he is worth getting to know...

Following are some excerpts (out of context)  from his my space that I think say what I am talking about:

"Rusty Zinn's talents run deep. He’s a soul-satisfying singer, a guitar maestro of the first order, and an insightful and thought-provoking songwriter. Still, having established himself from his youth as a top-shelf blues player and soul/R&B singer touring and recording with a virtual ‘who’s who’ of legends from these genres, and even after being nominated for the very prestigious W.C. Handy Award, Zinn found himself looking for more, both musically and spiritually"

"Most artists, having discovered a niche that meets the approval of fans and critics alike, are reluctant to alter the course. Such is not the case with Rusty Zinn who, always following his heart, sensed that he wasn’t at a destination point but rather at the beginning of his musical journey, and followed the path to his deep-rooted passion for reggae. "

"His 2007 release, Reggae Blue, is the expression of that passion.Rusty made quite an impression on the Jamaican reggae community there and by the end of the year was nominated for the Joe Higgs Music Award for ‘Best International Reggae Artist."

i've followed his career with great satisfaction.  He deserves the attention.
http://www.myspace.com/rustyzinn

Grant Walters