[Harp-L] Walter Tore's Studio party videos with Sean Carney

I decided to throw a party to celebrate the completion of my new recording studio.  We had a standing room only crowd that was very attentive and I had some great musicians come in. Sean Carney, who won the International Blues Challenge, came and played guitar. Sean is a class act who has mentored under lots of the old guys like Robert Jr. Lockwood, Joe duskin, Gene"sax" Walker, and was in Teeny Tuckers band for years. He knows how to lay back and my unorthodox chord and tempo changes don't phase him. Johnny Roy came up from Lexinton, KY. He has played with the likes of Koko Taylor, Bo Diddly, Roy Buchanan and teaches classical guitar at the university. Mark Rubinstien, who I was in my band on and off for years down in Austin, was a no show, but he was right on time for the gig only a day late. He had it wrong on his calendar. He just got back from being the musical director for a broadway show that was in Boston for 6 weeks. I was bummed about him
 missing the gig because he is also a great drummer and we had no drummer. He is a world class keyboard, accordian,player. He has engineered and played on many platinum and grammy recordings and sat down with me for a couple hours listening to the recordings. He gave me a thumbs up.

The recording process was a challenging one. First off this was the first time I was playing with other guitarists in the 1 man band setup. At times I thought what I was playing was what Sean or Johnny was playing and my feet got mixed up. Also we played a total of 6 hours. My legs, mind, and whole self was wiped out. Due to space being at a premium I jammed all the instruments in one corner of the studio. Sean and I both plugged into my princeton reverb amp. He was playing a strat and me a tokai copy of a 335. These guitars have radically different tones. So I just set the dials to a compromise. The amp was only about 3 feet from the vocal mic and the PA speaker was coming through the vocal recording mic as well. With all this and me not being able to monitor the way it was going- it was just push record and hope the levels stayed ok-I am pleased with the results.

Here we go, welcome to the Spontobeat Shows first set in chronological order! the last video is with hand held harp. Unfortunately the tape ran out for a couple cool hand held harp songs that I played with my nose, in my mouth. At least I got them on the computer recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-qCUbATi5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aag_sCFtF1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7FY-oZsjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJAYtIty3w