[Harp-L] Re: Whistling Wolves/Andy Santana/John Cruz

1. Whistling Wolves: Great Kentucky Waltz, you guys have definitely acquired
a fan. Do you ever play on the Left Coast? I'm thinking you'd be great for
the Portland Old-Time Music Festival and/or the California WorldFest.

> Trip Henderson wrote:

 "Hey Bob, thanks for listening. I, like many on this list love to play

> blues and spent a good decade and a half playing amplified "Chicago
> Style",chasing that holy grail of tone - and had a great fun doing it. As a
> teen I started playing old time fiddle music, folk and social music on the
> short harp and have now come full circle.  What's cool is that I get to
> bring
> my Chicago chops to this acoustic music and in the case of artists like
> Bill Monroe there's lots of blues in his grass.  If you're curious to hear
> what I mean check out our version of Kentucky Waltz on our YouTube site
> and you'll hear a straight up blues solo over that classic bluegrass
> standard. Come to think of it, there's not too many blues waltzes, hm?
> http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWhistlingWolves

 2. Andy Santana: He sounded great with Tip of the Top last weekend. I'd
like to hear more. Great singer, too.

3. John Cruz: Saw him at California WorldFest a couple years back and loved
his music. I'd advise anyone who can to make it to Club Fox tonight.

Cheers, Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA