[Harp-L] RE: Harmonicas and Air Travel

Bah humbug, I've traveled all over the US and Europe with my harp case, the only prob I ever had was with the li'l screwdrivers.   And then I always (politely, they're just workers after all)  express my skepticism and disdain of their proclaimed excuses for confiscation, and I don't do it shyly, or rudely.  More often my harps get positive reactions from screeners, until I try to play 'em! (just kidding, I hope).

I also proudly display the '60's sticker on my harp case, "STRIKE THE WAR MACHINE!"  It's a nicer sentiment than Woody's ("this guitar kills fascists"), and I happen to mean it.    Sure, I've been hassled a bit here and there by paranoid or right-wing TSA minions, but I don't recommend being cowered by a burgeoning police state, unless of course you support it.  Cluck 'em if they can't take a poke.

Stand up to stupidity, or succumb to it.

If you're civil and logical, and of course loving in the Martin Luther King Jr. sort of brotherly love of humanity, you can still be sharp tongued and productively provocative, and not take a lot of shite from insipid power freaks.  Oh wait, no, I am NOT talking about lead singer-guitarists!

-Dave Fertig

IT'S NICER THAT wODDY'S SNETIMENT.  the TSA flunkies are just doing their job reaping billion$ for paranoia, I don't fault 'em excpet wehen they take my small scredrivers away, it's happened twice so I pack 'em below.