[Harp-L] POWER BENDER REVIEW

Just got my Power Bender in low "F" from Brendan Power
and I just want to tell you people that the only regret I have is that
I didn't order a few of these sooner. I am for the most part from the
Butterfield, Little Walter, Pat Ramsey school and although I've been
playing for over 37 years (professionally 31 yrs), this tuning is going to expand
the range within the context of what i like to do and that still is
for the most part playing jump blues, rockabilly, and gut bucket.

Low "F" is cool with this tuning because you have the big fat bottom end
on the low notes, some chromatic sounding chords in the middle and
you can wind it out on the high registers because you can bend every draw
with little effort. Its not like a thin overblow tone either or a squeak.
They're rich sounding notes from 7 to 10 that you can play with control.
I want to check out a few more keys in the near future. Possibly
"Bb" and "A" next.

Anyway, this isn't a gimmick, it's a beautiful tuning and I think it's
here to stay. Brendan is a great soul to deal with and my hats off to him
for being so focused on the pain in the ass that is harmonica tuning and
also for his great talent as a musician.

Joe Pinto
Little Joe & the Werewolves