[Harp-L] TurboHarp development bench - ELX

Responding to: Jerry Deall
On: Friday, January 21, 2011 3:55 PM

<snip> .. at first I thought rather expensive for something that is well
covered by a harp and mic in various configurations.  But then we don't want
to limit the future development of great ideas based on cost...<snip>

Based on the initial feedback (again, no pun intended) I went back to the
scratchpad to see how to reduce the price. It turns out that a good portion
of the cost is related to the RP-70 effects unit that comes included. In
addition to the base cost of the unit, there's labor involved in
modifications and programming the pre-sets.  I was somewhat stubborn about
bundling the harp and the effects unit, because I feel that the harp by
itself is kindof booring. On the other hand, musicians probably already have
their own effects box. So... I'm now thinking of offering the ELX in
different configurations. For the base unit (enclosure containing pickup,
ready to accept your Special-20 of choice) I think I can get it down to
around $250. Contrasted with $450 I quoted earlier for the "works" that
includes the effects box, patch cord, power adapter, Special-20, and gig
case.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I now see the light, so to
speak.
Stay tuned.

Turbodog