RE: [Harp-L] That great "Bluesy" stage sound

Hi Richard,

I'm having trouble finding your samples from the link you posted.  Probably right in front of me and I've seen them before, but not today :-(  I did find this: "RP355 running a blackface deluxe amp model with slapback delay and reverb" and the video of a few samples on your store's homepage.  That first one sounds good through my computer, but it's really hard to tell without live listening.  I did say "subtle" sterility.

I also listened to your video with Annie Raines and am curious about the setup there.  Regarding tone/sound and not playing skills (which are considerable for both of you) I find Annie's sound closer to what I think of as "fat" or "chicago".  Are you using an RP in that video?  Is she using any processing?

I've both an RP355 and a Zoom G2Nu that I've been experimenting with.  It may come down to my limited ability to dial in better sound, so I'm open to seeing if that's true.  I'm mostly using delay/reverb/equalization since I'm using mic/amp that have distortion on their own.  If you want to share the settings for the blackface with delay and reverb from the MP3 above, I'd be glad to give my live impression.  If I'm convinced, I'd even spring for your patch set :-)

Regarding your statement:  "I also think that the sheer versatility and price-for-performance of this technology is amazing", I agree 100%.  You would have to buy a dozen pedals to even come close to what these effects processors offer for options.

I'm curious what others think about the sounds.

.....Pete in AK