[Harp-L] New Tremolo Harmonica site by Tony Eyers

In recent years I've become part of the Asian harmonica scene, and have been struck by the excellence of the tremolo players. Searching the web I've found little about the tremolo, less about how to play it.

To address this I've prepared a number of tremolo sites. There are:

http://www.tremoloharmonica.com Features music, tremolo player profiles (more to be added), the Asian harmonica scene etc

http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/categories/20101027 Twenty online tremolo lessons, for beginning and intermediate players. These lessons are part of my Harmonica Academy teaching site.

http://www.fuyinkouqin.com All of the above in Chinese

The tremolo is actually the most widely played harmonica in the world. At first glance it seems very different to the 10 hole diatonic, however the note layout is quite similar. It is a great instrument for tunes. Some of the Asian tremolo players are just extraordinary. There are some great Western tremolo players as well, Donald Black, Pip Murphy.

If you've ever wondered about the tremolo, then check out the sites. They may open up new directions.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays