[Harp-L] Couple questions

Someone posted a link to a folding amp stand at musicians friend, and it
looks interesting, but it does not tell if there are any plastic parts?
There?s a similar product with poorer reviews that does have plastic, and so
I wonder about the plastic content of this one.  I?m looking at the one with
the boom for the mic, and hey, it?s on sale $6 cheaper than yesterday!!!
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Tripod-
Amp-Stand-with-PosiLok-Combo-Boom-Arm?sku=431053

Also, I?m wondering about a DI box, I think I?ve read on the list that there
are ones that will go both ways, from a ¼ guitar type plug to XLR and from
XLR to ¼, anybody have any suggestions?  Also comments about passive versus
powered?

Lastly, I enjoy playing pop tunes amongst others, and I?ve been playing with
the idea of an altered tuning-I really don?t want to step too far from the
diatonic I?m familiar with, but I?ve been curious about melody maker,
country tuning, and paddy richter, what?s the difference, what types of
tunes are they good for, and how much do they differ from the ?standard??

OK, enough for now,

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.