[Harp-L] Re: speaking of amp stands

That refers to the musicians in the bands I've been in.
Most of the bars around here that host blues bands don't need amps or drums mic'd.

Generally the touring harp players don't run their amps into the pa when they play in the area.
Hummel, Estrin, Guyger, Primmich and Ricci all played using just their amp.
The exception being Ricci when he played a large private club a couple of times or the other guys
playing indoor blues festivals.

The larger clubs with a big dance floor and house soundmen do need amps mic'd
but those rooms are usually reserved for rock bands not blues bands.

When there is house sound available everybody gets equally mic'd.
When there isn't the harp player stays out of the pa unless he is the band leader.

A few local players that lead their own bands do mic their amps. Those of us that are sidemen
go with the flow.

My Avenger can go directly into the pa but so far we've only played one gig where I needed to do that.
The rooms just lack the stage area for me to lug it out.

Most of our gigs I use my vintage 15 watt amp.