Re: [Harp-L] Howard Levy

On 07/01/2011 09:28 AM, MANFRED WEWERS wrote:
Went to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones last night at the Toronto Jazz Festival. This was the original lineup with Howard. What a show-what a tight band! And the bass player Victor Wooten-wow. Howard blew Toronto away on both harp and piano. Best of all it looked the band was having a good time.
Manfred from Toronto the Good
the Live Music Archive has 7 Bela Fleck shows from this year:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3ABelaFleckandtheFlecktones%20AND%20year%3A%222011%22

not sure if howard's on all/any of them.
although it appears he may be on this one:

http://www.archive.org/details/flecktones2011-06-03.tlm170.flac16

for those unfamiliar with the LMA, they host live recordings from bands
who give their explicit permission to do so.  so you can enjoy the music
without feeling guilty that you're ripping off your favorite artists.  there
is some good harp scattered about, though it can be difficult to find.
Jason's got a bunch of shows there, Bob Lanza has a bunch with
Dave "Snakeman" Runyan on harp, Moe has a few shows with John Popper,
Brickhouse has a show up, Harmonicasters with Grant Dermody, etc.

there are currently 94093 shows from 4773 bands.
a musical goldmine.
a national treasure.

if you find a band you like, buy their cd's. go to their shows, shake their
hands and tell them you found them on archive.org. giving away your
live music is a leap of faith. it's good to let them know it's working for them.

-- We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give. - Kathy Moser