[Harp-L] Cost of harps

I received the same email about the increasing cost of harmonicas.  I, like
most people, see both sides of price increases.  I, like most people, don't
want to have to pay any more for anything than I have to.  I also, at some
point, have to make a determination as to how much I'm willing to spend for
anything, be it a harmonica or a car.  It never ceases to amaze me that
retailers/manufacturers increase prices when people are least able to afford
their product, such as now - in America.  However, America ain't the only
market, and folks, the dollar is worth less and less every day.
I don't have an answer to the problem (either about the domestic or world
economy, or the value -v- price of harmonicas).  I am, and have been (moreso
recently) double-thinking before I spend any money for my purchases.  I am
revisiting my prior purchases, and am getting out my repair/modification
video (thanks, Rupert Oysler) and my repair tools (thanks, Lee Oskar).  I
don't know the answer;  I just felt like venting, and also suggesting that
we become a less disposable society;  as my now departed father-in-law used
to say:  "Use it up.  Wear it out. Make it do or do without."