Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Price Increase

Every time this comes up (maybe every six months or so lately), I have a hard time getting worked up about it. Yeah, maybe if I had been playing for 50 years and saw the price multiply by 10 (or more), I *might* feel different. But if you ask me, much like guano, inflation happens. Nothing has stayed the same price over a long period of time. It's the nature of economics. And frankly, compared to the price of a new professional tenor saxophone (my main instrument), a couple more bucks for a harp is peanuts. Even if you only buy custom harps, you could have a whole set of 12 for the starting price of a pro tenor sax. Yeah, yeah, plus amps, plus mics, plus <other gear>. $$$. <cha-ching>. I get it. But guess what, being a professional (or even semi-professional) musician costs money. So does living in a post-industrial world.

I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful of my elders here, because I truly do respect those I learn from. I just hear about "price increases" and the griping that follows, and I just think it's all a bit silly.

Ok, there, I said it. You get to rant, I get to rant, we all get to rant. Gotta love them Internets. I'll go back to lurking now.

--
Seth Galitzer

The beatings will continue until morale has improved.