[Harp-L] Re: New Harp Buying Strategy

I picked up 100 used Marine Bands in various keys for $200. And a small drill press for $35.

I'm flat-sanding & sealing combs, drilling, tapping and installing screws, gapping, embossing, arcing and tip scooping. Retuning and then opening up coverplates and polishing etc. That's what I'm doing! Not many in A and Bb, so I'm doing those after I get the hang of this on the many C and G harps. I may even retune one with the raised 6 draw (Blind Owl Wilson) and another to Country tuned (McCoy, er SmoJoe) just for kicks.

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!