[Harp-L] When do get started with amplification?

I have been playing harmonica for about a year now, I have been doing a
little bit of research of mics and amps and I am really interested in
getting an amplified Chicago bluesy kind of sound. But I also believe it
might be too early to start doing that as I am sure my acoustic sound still
needs improvement. How far were you in your harmonica adventure before your
harmonica sound was devirginized with amplification? Was it a sudden
epiphany of readiness? "Now is the time to amplify." permission from a wise
harmonica sensei? "You are ready, young harpling." or a simple curiosity?
"That sounds purty" or some sort of mixture of reasons? "gonna do this."
What are some important techniques I should need before diving into
amplification?  Much appreciated.

Sorry for the silliness, no one is talking to me at work.

~Jake