Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] XB-40 recordings

On Jul 4, 2011, at 1:53 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks Smokey, appreciate that. Perhaps a wee lesson would help too?

Ha ha ha, yeah, domani mattina (tomorrow morning). What I know about XBs can be fit on the head of a pin and leave room for the Gettysburg address. That's why it's still new. lolololololol

> I'm likely to gravitate towards an A as you know, so maybe I'll get one while out there (if I make it).

You can try this one and get an idea of how you feel about it before putting forth with the samoleones. They ARE pricey.

> No worries about it being 'new', though. You were one of only two players (Charles, the other) who got to try out MY brand new C B-Rad at GSHC last November. I hadn't even tried it yet, so it was certainly new. (I've since gotten my Bb B-Rad as well). I'm not overly hung up on that as long as someone has alcohol to keep harps wiped down between players and it's between people I'm friends with/know well. You and Charles are good friends.

Ok, new only in the vernacular. It is 7 years old BUT has only about 13 minutes play time on it.

> SPAH's still up in the air right now, though.

Oh my......

> Have some major medical issues going on I'm not sure will be resolved in time for me to manage to get to SPAH.

Oh no......

> I'm still hoping, especially as it's the first East Coast SPAH and a huge deal for me as a New Yorker. Wish me luck.

Im'a prayin..and pickin and grinnin. Gots my fingers, legs,............ and eyes crossed.