Re: [Harp-L] So many microphones, so little time

I went to the Les Paul exhibit in Milwaukee a couple of years ago. On
display was a "PA" he invented with a kitchen chair, a rewired radio, a
broomstick and a mouthpiece from an old "candlestick" style phone. It was
surrounded by a clear plexi display case and had the mouthpiece sticking out
of the top so you could speak into it and hear your voice coming out of the
old radio.
I looked around for a guard. Nope. So I played through it for about 15
seconds (side note: always carry a harp... everywhere) and looked around
again for the guard. There he was. He said "go on" so I played another run
or two just to get it out of me.
By the way, the rig had GREAT overdrive and crunch....but that's a topic for
another thread ;-).