[Harp-L] Microphones.........Hot VS Not

I'm not sure if this has been covered before here on the "L", but I have been polling some of my mic builder friends lately about their opinions on Hot mic VS NOT hot mic elements.  The opinions I have gotten are varied and I'd like to get more opinions from more players.
Personally....I have found that an element that is NOT real hot works best, especially if you've got an amp that is 30 watts or more.  In MY experience.......the hotter the mic......the more you are prone to have feedback issues.  There are clearly a bunch of things that go into the equation of good harp tone. Technique is surely at the top of the list. For exaple...if you have poor cupping technique, you're going to have more problems.
Anyway...........I'd like to get a wide variety of views on this subject that also includes reasons and explanations of what you currently use (including the amp) and why you feel that this is the best set-up for you.   Any horror stories about bad mics and the like would also be great for my research on this subject.  Feel free to contact me off-list and let me know about you views.  I'm not trying to sway anyones' opinion and I know we all have a favorite mic that works BEST for our own personal vibe.
Thanks,
Wezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com