Re: [Harp-L] Stretching Exercises

Great info. I haven't got to the tuning stages yet, so I saved this email in my Harp Tweaking folder.

The human ear might not be able to tell 3c in a blind experiment, but you sure can hear if a note is not zero-beat with another. It's one way I get precise tuning on my guitars by listening to the beats and harmonics and zeroing them. It sounds better farther up the neck that way. If I use the chromatic tuner and tune those notes right on pitch, they have to be tweaked again to get them to sound spot on.

Thanks again for real info I can use.

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Sleigh" <rharp@xxxxxxxxxx><snip>
They may be textbook perfect formula wise and sound like crap. Reeds are ornery critters and since they mess with
you, you gotta mess with them till they behave.

We all end up finding something that works for us by trusting our ears and being stubborn enough to keep tuning till we get the hang of it.

Richard Sleigh