[Harp-L] Re: So many microphones, so little time

Where are you when you grab a microphone?

So far:

ON A (charter) BUS
IN THE WAREHOUSE
SCHOOL BUS
- - -

RESTAURANT
At the end of a late evening family reunion at a local buffet, I noticed a
lonely microphone at the deserted cashier island. It called to me! I grabbed
it, pressed the button, and ripped off a couple of bluesy lines. The wait
staff throughout the restaurant cheered and clapped.

Where all had been quiet a moment before, a shift manager now stood in front
of me, just as I was returning the mic to its hook.

"Thanks for not arresting me," I smiled. "Good bye, now." Not a word from
him.

But my exiting family walked FAR away from me, disassociating any knowledge
of me, and not looking back. "He's not with us." My wife was mortified,
something about me being "nearly criminal."

And the brother-in-law who is known for speaking his mind with little
restraint, said "Wow, Robert, you got big _____ to do that!"

Stay well
Play well

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL