Subject: [Harp-L] music software advice

For quite a while I have been thinking about getting some kind of music
software to create practice arrangements for harp.  Maybe record myself too.
And now that I am learning a bit on the piano there are other features that
would be useful.  So it's time to get serious!  Here are the thing that I
would like to be able to do:

1.	Create simple (or complex) arrangements as midi files.
2.	Be able to import existing files and modify them.
3.	I have some piano arrangements that I'd like to enter into an editor
via a midi keyboard so I could hear it.  ( I can read well enough to play
the notes to play the arrangements in 'real time'.)
4.	Create PDF docs of arrangements, with good control over font size,
layout etc.  Include lyrics.

Those would be the main things I'd want to do but maybe it could do more,
such as:

5.	Recognize scanned sheet music and create a midi file.
6.	Recognize recorded music and create midi file.
7.	Allow me to record myself playing against midi backing and create
audio file.

And there are probably features that I would want but don't yet know exist.
And maybe I need more than one program. (?)

All suggestions or advice appreciated.   Thanks in advance.

Doug H