RE: [Harp-L] Re: Tuba! - Digitech

JersiMuse wrote:
>Here is a short symphony composed by a french harp & guitar player :
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JXyLGnCTC0s#at=55
>
>The lead instrument (at 0:37 sec) is a harmonica, with a whammy digitech.

The Digitech Whammy is a dedicated pitch-shifting device.  Lee Oskar uses one in his live setup.

A version of this effect is used in the Digitech RP devices as well, and that's what Blunt White was referring to in his messages.

My Tuba patch actually uses the Digitech Pitch Shifter effect, as opposed to the Whammy. The difference is that the Whammy slides between pitches (under footpedal control), while the pitch shifter uses a fixed shift amount (which can also be put under footpedal control, but when you move the pedal, you'll hear the pitches shifting half step by half step).

Both effects work very well.  If you want to sound like a slide guitar, I'd use the Whammy effect, in the RP or otherwise.

Did I mention that one of the very cool things about the RP is that you get all these effects that would otherwise cost you $100 each--delay, reverb, pitch shifting, rotary speaker, etc., etc.--in one box that sells for less than $200?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick