[Harp-L] No Room for Fills, WAS: Mickey Raphael

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Grant Walters <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not care ( as much)  to sit in when there is a slide guitar
> playing....if fills up so much of the space a harp fills....

I notice it, too, when I'm jamming with a sax player. Unless they are very
thoughtful, aware, and cooperative... (oh, skip it. What am I saying?)

They don't seem to anticipate taking turns to fill the spaces. I usually
leave the stage when a sax player shows there will be no room for another.
In this respect, there's no difference between instruments: harps, guitar,
horns, etc.

It's more about the player. Ah, but those magic moments that make it all
worthwhile.... (sigh)

Stay Well
Play Well

Robert Hale