Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH - who's going? Say something about yourself!

Smokey sez:
"
1. yes
2. Everglades
3. Chro. Diat. Clar. Tenor Trum. Flut.
4.  You name it, I play it
5. 81%   64%   81%    64%   81%   64%
6. Hearing David Fairweather sing  bop."

..to David's questions.  Since one of my favourite things to do at  SPAH is
hang out with Smokey, my responses would include that last one  AND:

1. yes - if my health cooperates and I'm able to walk in  time.
   (if not, I'll let the powers that be know about a  week
   ahead that they'll have an 'extra' Hotel  room).
2. New York (Long Island) - a long drive down.
3. Chromatic mainly, tremolo,some diatonic (not very
   well), piano/keyboards.
4. Like Smokey, my taste is very eclectic - in fact we like a
   lot of the same music although I also love '60's R&B  and
   playing the 'big' ballads. (He's the jazz player I aspire
   to play as well as someday). One should have a goal...
5. Otherwise, purely an amateur comfortable making my own
   music with no thoughts of ever becoming a  'pro'.
   I've been surrounded by such exceptional harmonica  players
   for so many years now, I'm well aware of my  'level'.<G>
6. a)Just as MadCat said: being immersed in the whole SPAH
   experience is primary. It's all great - from the people  to
   the Filisko teach-ins, to the hallway play-alongs,  to the
   night-time jams. SOME day I'll be brave enough (or  good
   enough) to participate in one of those.
   b)Playing a long-promised/postponed duet with my friend
   Smo-Joe if I can get to this SPAH.

Elizabeth

"Message: 7