Re: [Harp-L] seamless overblow quest

Once again, are you referring to the OB pitch issues in this clip, or my off center 3 hole inhale first bend notes (and that one 3 hole inhale second bend long sustained note that was not quite perfect)? Once again, to my ear, the OB's sound pretty at pitch and at a blending timbre.

As always, it is a work in progress and I feel it shows a validity to this approach - the future is wide open and hopefully many of the up and coming players will take heart that it is not a dead end.

-----Original Message-----
From: fjm <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Jul 23, 2011 10:17 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] seamless overblow quest

I liked the ideas but the pitch issues overwhelm them.  It's not just
this one clip either.  People post really well played clips with
overblows in them all the time.  They all have moments of brilliance
that are marred by the flat off pitch notes that seem to be inevitable.
  Even the fast bebop stuff has this problem.  You don't have to linger
very long on a note for the pitch issues to obviate.

Listening to Brendan Power and P.T. Gazell I've never once been bothered
by pitch.  fjm