From: Grant Walters <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Jul 23, 2011 9:49 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] seamless overblow guest

Sometimes I wonder why I tune into Harp-L as much as I do...

While this Iceman has humbly commented about many things here,
I have never met him or heard him play....
After watching this video...I am going to start paying more attention to his
comments.
You sir...are one bad ass player....Truly the Iceman...
Thanks so much for posting this....
I was just starting to wonder whether the overblow thing is overblown....
No, this is  and example of expanding your "bag of tricks" as Norton once
said...
I would have just played in 3rd position, missing some notes, and called it
jazz...

Your playing is very emotive and expressive and not at all contrived....
Very captivating....

Carry on...

Grant Walters

On Jul 23, 2011, at 3:23 AM, The Iceman wrote:

> There has been much discussion regarding how OB will always sound different
than other notes on the diatonic, therefore being a "dead end" regarding
seamless playing.