Re: [Harp-L] off-line file transfer session recording

Digital recording is very precise.

Let's say from bar 33 to 48 or from1:22 to 1:62.
So they send me the tracks they want me to play with.
I record a seperate track listening to the track they sent me.
I save as some sort of digital file format they want it in.
I send it back to them. They open it up and drop it into the
recording program with the other tracks. They can line it
up with their mouse cursor. The tempo will be the same
because you recorded it with their tracks.

If your recording from the beginning of the piece there will
be a count off click.

This is cool shot of the tracks in the software.
http://russandmarj.com/mixerdesk/mixerdesk-Pages/Image28.html

Now this I used Finale and inputted the harpsichord part as a written score by hand.
Finale has a nice synth built in for harpsichord so I decided to use it.
Finale will let you convert it into a digital file from a midi with a button click.
I dropped the digital harpsichord into digital performer recording software and
then recorded the harmonica.http://www.youtube.com/user/Diggsblues#p/u/32/BU8l91psJUw