Re: [Harp-L] my first video

 Thank you Grant for those encouraging words!! I'll give the hands more
of a place in the sound. Duane

  ----- Original message -----
  From: "Grant Waltersâ" <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: dcarter@xxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] my first video
  Date: Jun 1, 2011 1:38 PM

  Not many folks can play that monster you got your lips around... I've
  been working on the Echo harp myself lately.... So far I do not have
  the courage to take it on stage... Great for the
  Celtic...Cajun...etc.... You did a great job....enjoyed it and am
  inspired by it... I am sure you have visited Brendan Power's great
  site.....he has a solid Celtic music background... Without sounding
  like some hot shot know it all... You might want to try some of the
  tongue blocking here with the alternating breathing... to get
  accordion sound without the chorus pedal... Might find something to
  do with your hands....but alas I am not an expert on that kind of
  Harp... Some sort of cupping would really mellow the high notes....
  In my experience the high wavering notes....need a little muffler....
  or they can be a bit piercing... Keep Playing Duane and quit
  lurking.... many of the folks on this site like to talk more about
  playing than actual playing..... You are conquering a harp that few
  have really mastered.... Granthttp://www.grantwaltersmusic.com On Jun