RE: [Harp-L] Why use the term "perfect" to describe a perfect fourth ora perfect fifth?

The way I learned and always looked at it:
The rule of 9 applies to inversions -- adds up to 9 and flips major to minor, minor to major, aug to dim, dim to aug, and perfect to perfect:
Maj 2 < > min 7
min 3< > Maj 6
P4 < > P5
Aug 4 < > Dim 5

Unison and Octaves are also considered perfect for the above reasons.
as always, if we say it and play it, we will KNOW it-
!PuRrFEk-t!

Michael Peloquin
The West Coast Harmonica Summit DVD has been released:

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/
http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

It was an amazing night of harmonica, and now you can witness it even if you weren’t there! Buy your copy today!
http://harpsax.com
http://www.usaharmonicas.com