RE: [Harp-L] replace reed LO

Hi Robert,

I don't know if you have any experience with reed replacement, but it can be a little tricky. I use a steel center punch to remove rivets in reeds I am replacing and then drill the hole out with a 0-80 tap bit. I tap the reed plate and attach the new reed with a brass 0-80 slot head machine screw. Most techs that I am familiar with use machine screws and not replacement rivets. Tapping the reed plate allows for a neat and clean reed replacement without a nut sticking off your reed plate. After everything is tight I Dremel the screw flush with the reed plate. Hope that helps any. If you want me to replace a coiuple reeds for you, I would be happy to help you out.

Peace,
John