[Harp-L] playing and driving

When I first started playing harp, I played a little while driving.  I was learning how to bend and hit single notes and play easy stuff and for some reason it didn't seem to distract me all that much.  Now (26 years later), I concentrate so hard on my playing, that even my vision seems impaired, not to mention my reaction time.  I not only no longer play when I drive, I don't even listen to music when I drive.  I tell chatty passengers that it's okay for them to talk, but don't expect me to listen.  Never mind what the law is, driving is just too dangerous to voluntarily impair yourself.  Same goes for cell phones.