[Harp-L] Driving & playing harp

Hi All
My maternal grandfather is the Author J.B. Priestley. He managed to crash his Rolls-Royce several times whilst thinking about plot development. Eventually he got the message and used a driver.

I seem to have inherited the ability to become absorbed in the act of creation, though I wish I'd inherited his car. As a result of this I've never even tried to get a driving license, though I do know how to drive I learned how at an early age on my grandmother's farm.

From the above you can see where I personally stand on the driving whilst playing issue. How would I tell some mother that I'd caused the death of their son/daughter because I was playing harp whilst driving?
I just know that I can't multi-task that well and I know that the music making would win the battle for my attention every time. This may not be true for every one, testing shows that women are better able to multi-task than men . About 40% of my current students are female and I don't think any of them would think of trying it. But then London traffic is a nightmare at the best of times.

On the legal side are hands free phones legal in the U.K.?

Though there isn't a law against playing the Harmonica as such, there is however the charge in the U.K. 'driving with-out due care and attention', which would cover playing harp, eating, shaving and all that stuff.

Any how ever try playing in a covered/underground car-park? The reverb is Fab and it should be given a try.

All the best and 'Play safe' and 'drive safely'- Yours David

--
D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.

Do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons POA,(10 = 20% discount,&  20 = 25% discount).

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email me or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295