[Harp-L] Re: pedal train

I went to a benefit concert a couple of months ago and the headlining act was Little River Band. The opening act had a stage full of amps and gear, It took them an hour to set up and take down.

But LRB just had a (rented I'm certain) small stage setup with the drum kit, and a Keys rack on another small stage setup (also rented I'll bet). The three main guitarists (2 gits and a bass) had NO AMPS ON STAGE. None.

They were playing through Line-6 Pods with a very few additional pedals. Whew, my back feels better now, thanks. =8^D. The models they were using were top of the line a few years ago, POD XD LIVE models. So I went to my favorite candy store to check them out. MAE Music in Ft. Lauderdale.

The new models are POD HD (300, 400 & 500) The POD HD 500 looks like Da Bomb! It's got two 1/4" inputs, an XLR input, 1/4" outs, XLR outs, RCA line-outs, USB out the whole shooting match.

I'm thinking... get a powered speaker on a stand and a small powered monitor and plug in my electric guit, acoustic guit (XLR from a DI) and plug my bullet in the Aux 1/4" input. It's got all the greatest amp models, and speaker cabs, and a slew of effects. And I can record the session direct to the laptop via USB.

The new powered speakers are using switching power supplies. No heavy iron to lug around. Did I say, Whew my back feels better already, thank you?

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!